What to Expect
We whiten teeth by applying a whitening gel, which contains the active ingredient hydrogen peroxide. This penetrates the enable of a tooth and breaks apart the staining agents through an oxidation reaction. In-chair whitening in our professional clinic accelerates this reaction by combining whitening gel with intense light.
Complimentary whitening consultation
If you are interested in teeth whitening, we strongly recommend you schedule an appointment for a complimentary Teeth Whitening consultation. Your consultation will enable us to advise you on the most suitable teeth whitening treatment for your teeth, and the results that can be expected when whitening your teeth. The effectiveness and final result will vary for each individual, and it is essential that your teeth are properly assessed to give you the whitest result possible.
At Dental Excellence, we pride ourselves on providing our clients with beautiful white smiles. You can choose from the latest tooth whitening procedures and materials. We will tailor a personalised teeth whitening procedure to give you a whiter, more beautiful smile. We offer 2 options to fit your lifestyle i.e. “In chair whitening” or “take home kit”
In-Office Teeth Whitening
Whiter teeth, in the comfort of our spacious, relaxing clinic. In-chair teeth whitening offers cutting-edge teeth whitening technology in the time it takes to get a haircut. It’s the safety and science of a dentist’s office, with all the comforts of a spa.
The in-chair teeth whitening procedure involves:
- As you relax in our cushioned dental chair, we protect your gums with isolation materials and take a ‘before’ photo
- We apply Pola in-chair whitening gel to your teeth and apply the intense light source to maximise brightness
- We cycle through several eight-minute-long applications, then take an ‘after’ photo
- You see visible results in your new smile
We complement in-chair whitening with a take-home whitening kit, so you can refresh your brighter smile.
*Results may vary. You will also be supplied with a Pola Home Whitening kit to refresh your brighter smile.
Take Home Kits
At-home teeth whitening is our most popular and affordable procedure, and you genuinely can see results with at-home treatments. We use the specialised, advanced Pola Home Whitening system for long-lasting, cost-effective results.
At home teeth whitening takes just two appointments. After your complimentary consultation, we’ll take custom moulds of your teeth to make custom whitening trays, which will be ready within a couple of days. At home, you’ll squeeze whitening gel into your trays and wear them for 45 minutes a day for just four weeks.
Our popular take home kits and additional whitening gels can also be purchased online. SHOP ONLINE TODAY
Whats involved in the Pola Home Whitening procedure?
- Moulds are taken of your teeth
- Your custom trays are fabricated within 24-48 hours
- Apply Pola whitening gel in you trays
- Wear your trays for 45 mins a day for 4 weeks.
- Done! This is a great cost effective way so you can whiten at your own time, with excellent results!
This is where a combination of whitening methods are used to successfully whiten your teeth. Most commonly it is a combination of Home and In Office whitening. When results are needed fast, or the stains of the teeth are very dark a combination of both treatments provides excellent results.Single tooth whitening
- 1 hour in-office teeth whitening
- Take home kit with 1 month whitening supply pack
- Sensitive toothpaste
- Save $50 when you choose both treatments
Single Tooth Whitening
This treatment is used to whiten a single dark tooth that has discoloured due to root canal treatment.
In this two appointment procedure, whitening gel is placed inside your tooth.
What’s involved in Internal Whitening?
- A small space is created in the back of the dark tooth
- Whitening gel is placed in the space
- Then the area is sealed
- After 1 week the material is removed and may reapplied if the tooth has not reached the ideal whiteness
In-chair Whitening: $450
- Sensitive toothpaste
- 1 hr In-chair whitening
Single Tooth Whitening: $225
- Price is from $225 per tooth
Take Home Kit: $350
- Individually customized trays & case
- 1 months whitening supply pack
- Sensitive toothpaste
Teeth Whitening Gel
There are many whitening gels available on the market today. Don’t be fooled they are not all the same. Teeth whitening is our passion, and after many years of brightening smiles, we have discovered what is needed to give the best results in the quickest possible time.
A lot of science has been put into the development of the world acclaimed whitening gel we use – at the end of the day, it’s the quality of the gel that will give the best results. That’s why we only use POLA.
Pola teeth whitening formulae has a high viscosity and neutral pH ensuring the greatest patient comfort. The unique blend of soothers, conditioners and high water content assist in reducing sensitivity.
BENEFITS OF POLA TEETH WHITENING GEL
Minimizes plaque formation and enhances remineralisation to further reduce sensitivity.
HIGH WATER CONTENT
Reduces dehydration of the enamel and decreases tooth sensitivity.
HIGH MOLECULAR WEIGHT THICKENER
Reduces the drying effect of the gel and in turn sensitivity.
Ensures the can be easily and securely placed into the custom tray for the entire procedure.
The pleasantly flavoured spearmint gel is both fresh and long lasting.
The addition of fluoride remineralises the tooth surface assisting in reducing sensitivity.
Minimizing sensitivity and maximizing your comfort.
Ensures the full release of the hydrogen peroxide resulting in fantastic results, in minimal time without jeopardising patient comfort.
Large choice of whitening gel concentrations
6% hydrogen peroxide
9.5% hydrogen peroxide
10% carbamide peroxide
18% carbamide peroxide
22% cabamide peroxide
|Polaoffice||35% hydrogen peroxide|
|Poladay CP||35% carbamide peroxide|
Take Home tray wearing times according to gel concentrations
|poladay 6%||2 X 30min /day OR 1X 60min/day – quick result, used with sensitive teeth|
|poladay 9.5%||2 X 15min/day OR 1X30 min/day – fastest results|
|polanight 10%||2hours to overnight – quick result, used with very sensitive teeth|
|polanight 18%||2hours to overnight – quicker result, used with sensitive teeth|
|polanight 22%||1 X 45min/day – fast result|
The short answer: visibly whiter, long-lasting results, in just a couple of visits.
- Significant colour change – up to eight shades lighter: with a tooth colour chart we determine how light your teeth can become. In the majority of cases we can achieve up to eight shades lighter.
- A whiter smile guaranteed: we guarantee all of our teeth whitening programs will improve the colour of your teeth. We provide before and after photos of your smile to show results.
- Colour stability: after you complete your teeth whitening program, your teeth will stay whiter for longer, with minimal ongoing maintenance.
- Professional teeth whitening treatment: we’re proud to use only the best whitening products and treatments.
- White teeth for life: with access to our loyalty program, maintaining your bright smile has never been easier or more affordable.
What causes teeth staining?
Many different things can contribute to teeth staining. Some are caused by habit, and some are out of our control.
Internal factors, like medication, trauma to teeth, or absorption of fluoride at a young age can stain teeth. So too can external factors, like coffee, red wine, smoking, and even chemotherapy. Teeth enamel is a porous material, which allows staining agents to get in easily.
Is whitening safe?
Yes. Extensive research and clinical studies indicate that teeth whitening supervised by a dentist is safe. In fact, many dentists consider whitening to be the safest cosmetic dental procedure available.
Please note that teeth whitening products are not recommended for children, pregnant women, or those breastfeeding.
How long does it last?
To keep your teeth looking their best, we recommend flossing, brushing twice daily, and occasionally touching up whitening with take-home gel. By following simple post-whitening instructions, your teeth will always be lighter than they were before.
Is there any difference between over-the-counter tooth whiteners and dentist whitening?
Yes. Consulting your dentist is always the first step to whitening your teeth safely. Over-the-counter strips, brush-on gels and toothpastes can take weeks or months to whiten your teeth just a few shades. In-chair teeth whitening at a qualified dental clinic can whiten your teeth on average six shades in as little as one hour.
Is teeth whitening regulated?
Can my fillings, crown or veneers be whitened?
It’s important to note that whitening gel only works on natural teeth. Teeth whitening will not lighten fillings or crowns; however, these can be re-made to match your brighter, whiter teeth.
I have one tooth that is a lot darker than the others. Can whitening help?
Sometimes a single tooth becomes discoloured, causing it to look out of place with the rest of your smile. In these cases, there are usually two treatment options:
- Intensified bleaching, where whitening gel is applied to the internal surface of the tooth for a period of 1-2 weeks.
- Porcelain veneer, where a veneer is placed to mask the discolouration of a single tooth.
Is whitening painful?
Teeth whitening is generally a pain-free experience. Some people may experience sensitivity during and after treatment; however, this usually resolves itself within 12 to 24 hours. We recommend sensitive toothpaste to help with discomfort. If pain lasts more than 72 hours, please contact our knowledgeable team.