Our clinic uses highly aesthetic, natural-coloured white fillings, which mimic the natural appearance of the tooth. These are strong, safe, and restore teeth with a natural, beautiful appearance.
White fillings can take as little as 30 minutes to complete. We have two different types of white filling available and offer flexible appointment times, to ensure your treatment reflects your goals.
WHAT TO EXPECT
A composite filling combines plastic and glass to produce a highly aesthetic, natural-looking filling that restores decayed teeth. Composite fillings are a modern alternative to metal or silver amalgam fillings and are environmentally non-toxic.
Porcelain fillings are stronger, more durable fillings that contain no plastic. They’re usually placed in the back teeth, where strength and longevity are key priorities. We have porcelain fillings fabricated in a professional laboratory, then bond them in-person in our clinic.
COMPOSITE (WHITE) FILLINGS
$155 – $400
$850 – $1300
(Cost varies due to the size and complexity of the filling)
Swipe your health fund and just pay the gap. We accept all private insurance and process on-the-spot HICAPS claims. Not sure about your coverage? Ask your health fund about periodic checkups and cleans.
The short answer: visibly whiter, long-lasting results, in just a couple of visits.
- Significant colour change – up to eight shades lighter: with a tooth colour chart we determine how light your teeth can become. In the majority of cases we can achieve up to eight shades lighter.
- A whiter smile guaranteed: we guarantee all of our teeth whitening programs will improve the colour of your teeth. We provide before and after photos of your smile to show results.
- Colour stability: after you complete your teeth whitening program, your teeth will stay whiter for longer, with minimal ongoing maintenance.
- Professional teeth whitening treatment: we’re proud to use only the best whitening products and treatments.
- White teeth for life: with access to our loyalty program, maintaining your bright smile has never been easier or more affordable.
What causes teeth staining?
Many different things can contribute to teeth staining. Some are caused by habit, and some are out of our control.
Internal factors, like medication, trauma to teeth, or absorption of fluoride at a young age can stain teeth. So too can external factors, like coffee, red wine, smoking, and even chemotherapy. Teeth enamel is a porous material, which allows staining agents to get in easily.
Is whitening safe?
Yes. Extensive research and clinical studies indicate that teeth whitening supervised by a dentist is safe. In fact, many dentists consider whitening to be the safest cosmetic dental procedure available.
Please note that teeth whitening products are not recommended for children, pregnant women, or those breastfeeding.
How long does it last?
To keep your teeth looking their best, we recommend flossing, brushing twice daily, and occasionally touching up whitening with take-home gel. By following simple post-whitening instructions, your teeth will always be lighter than they were before.
Is there any difference between over-the-counter tooth whiteners and dentist whitening?
Yes. Consulting your dentist is always the first step to whitening your teeth safely. Over-the-counter strips, brush-on gels and toothpastes can take weeks or months to whiten your teeth just a few shades. In-chair teeth whitening at a qualified dental clinic can whiten your teeth on average six shades in as little as one hour.
Is teeth whitening regulated?
Can my fillings, crown or veneers be whitened?
It’s important to note that whitening gel only works on natural teeth. Teeth whitening will not lighten fillings or crowns; however, these can be re-made to match your brighter, whiter teeth.
I have one tooth that is a lot darker than the others. Can whitening help?
Sometimes a single tooth becomes discoloured, causing it to look out of place with the rest of your smile. In these cases, there are usually two treatment options:
- Intensified bleaching, where whitening gel is applied to the internal surface of the tooth for a period of 1-2 weeks.
- Porcelain veneer, where a veneer is placed to mask the discolouration of a single tooth.
Is whitening painful?
Teeth whitening is generally a pain-free experience. Some people may experience sensitivity during and after treatment; however, this usually resolves itself within 12 to 24 hours. We recommend sensitive toothpaste to help with discomfort. If pain lasts more than 72 hours, please contact our knowledgeable team.